Saturday, February 1, 2014

Clarins Foundation - Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Light Reflecting Foundation SPF 10 Swatches

I managed to get some quick swatches at the Clarins counter the other day.  I'm often surprised by how hard it can be to find Clarins make up at my local counters so when I saw these I knew I had to grab swatches.  I swatched the darkest two shades: 117/Hazelnut and 118/Sienna

clarins foundation
Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Light Reflecting Foundation SPF 10 in Sienna (top) and Hazelnut (bottom)  $38
There is another dark shade- 115/Cognac, that wasn't available at the counter, I think it may have been more suitable for me.
Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Light Reflecting Foundation SPF 10
 117 - Hazelnut has a more yellow undertone.  I know it looks more beige on my hand but it wasn't such a terrible match once it dried down.
118 - Sienna has a more tan/red shade, I feel like it would be more suitable on me during the summer.
It's a bit hard to tell since the swatches are on my hand and not my face; and like most folks, my hands are slightly darker than my face.

Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Light Reflecting Foundation SPF 10
I took pictures of the swatches over a couple of hours to show how the foundation settled as it became drier.  I felt like 118 became a better match as the day wore on, but it's still a bit red.
Clarins skin illusion foundation hazelnut sienna
Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Light Reflecting Foundation SPF 10 in Sienna (top) and Hazelnut (bottom)
You like how my little doggy photo-bombed my pics?

The foundation is very creamy and blendable.  It provided very smooth coverage, but I cant really give an indepth review from a swatch.  Plus, I'm afraid I won't put this foundation on my wish list for one reason and one reason only.  It is so heavily fragranced, and I kept smelling it for at least a couple of hours.  I kept wondering what the source was as it smelled like I was wearing perfume. It was extremely distracting.  Those with sensitive skin might want to watch out for that.  I considered trying to find a sample of the 115/Cognac, but I doubt I will, I find the fragrance that bothersome.

Did you find this helpful?  I hope so.  I'm hoping these posts might help someone find their perfect foundation match.  Have you tried the Clarins foundations, do you love them?

Thanks for stopping by and stay blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try it. Great post. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost tempted to try it again, this time on my face. Thanks for following, and let you me know if you get it!

      Delete

Comments are VERY welcome! But please keep it classy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...